Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Technology Demo: TopCodes




Yesterday, we had our first Technology Demo using a technology that is used in Tangible User Interfaces. I chose to use TopCodes, which stands for Tangible Object Placement Codes. TopCodes are a type of technology used in Computer Vision. Within the given library, I chose to modify the file DebugWindow in order to implement the recognition of the TopCodes.

The functionality that I added to the program was as follows. First, I added a keystroke command to display text over a picture. Next, I detailed the event that would happen when that key was pressed. I would display a string of text that was paired with the TopCode that was included in my picture, which I used a switch statement to implement. I hard-coded the four pictures that I added, and the screenshot of one is shown below.

No comments: